Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cats and Kids

I'm choosing to blog about cats because of my two precious children. We have a giant orange cat who looks much like the grown cat featured here.

Before we had our son and daughter, we looked at our cat as our "child". We loved that animal. After we had children, things changed a bit. Obviously, and for good reason, we didn't have as much time to spoil our cat. Our attention was drawn elsewhere. At times it would make me feel a bit guilty.

However, as our children grow they have come to take the place that my husband and I used to hold. Our cat dotes on our children. He lets them get away with whatever their hearts desire. He always sits just within reach of their sweet little hands.

As much as our cat used to need my husband and me, I think he enjoys his new "parents" even more!

No comments: