Friday, December 12, 2008

Finding Feeds

I must admit that some of this is a bit outside of my comfort zone! I feel like I'm learning by trial and error at times. I remember hearing recently, however, that "these kids today" are learning more by trial and error than by traditional teaching. So I guess I am hip and in the now.

I really liked the search tool Topix. I think the layout is very user friendly. I can easily scan the front page and locate any information I want. It is laid out my like I would organize it, so it really works for me.

I can't say the same for the search tool Syndic8. I found it a bit confusing and overwhelming at first glance.

I took a look at cnn.com today and added it to my Google Reader subscription. I noticed a feature for Yahoo! subscriptions I really liked. I could pick and choose sections from CNN to add to my RSS feed--i.e. only travel, only entertainment, etc. There didn't seem to be an option like this for Google Reader (or at least an option that I found!). It looked like I could only select the CNN web site as a whole.

1 comment:

Jennifer Mayo said...

Your blog is fascinating!