Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Audiobooks

LibriVox is a great site to visit to download and listen to the classics. In the past I have read several books online that are in the public domain, but having access to audiobooks takes this to another level. My husband, children, and I frequently take trips to Dallas to visit family. How cool would it be for us to listen to Swiss Family Robinson or Treasure Island on one of our trips? My 4 year old son is very into pirates, so I think he'd love this option.

Since there are so many titles within the database, it could be difficult to scan through the list to pick a title. I really like the "our picks for your listening pleasure" section. If I didn't have any idea what I wanted to listen to, I'd go there for suggestions.

The only downside I found at LibriVox was that it was a tad difficult to manuver through the site. A couple of times I couldn't find my way back to the home page and had to re-enter the initial URL address.

All in all I really like LibriVox. I will download a book or two for our next roadtrip.

No comments: