Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Web-Based Applications

I really like the idea of web-based applications. It reminds me of the wikis I investigated the other day. Some of the great features include:
  • all of the information one wants to share is in an easily accessible place on the web
  • the information is accessible from any computer, anywhere
  • select users can update and change the information from any computer
I think Zoho Writer is a great hub for web-based applications. It is very user-friendly. I noticed that many of the services offer a user tutorial to help with getting started. What a help!

Whenever I create a spreadsheet, document, or powerpoint presentation, I like to get feedback from my husband or friends. Rather than sending multiple e-mails back and forth, using a web-based application like Zoho Writer would make the task much simpler. I could post a draft, ask for feedback, and those offering the feedback could make adjustments to my original document.

Many of us have been lost inside a tangle of e-mails before. The overused "Reply to All" feature can cause a huge mess in an in-box. Web-based applications can solve this problem easily.

1 comment:

Arvind said...

Karen : Thanks for using Zoho and the nice post!

Arvind
http://zoho.com